How to enrol for the new academic year
If you are starting your research programme in 2018/19, you will need to:
An induction is held for new postgraduate research students who start either in September or January. Please find the September 2018 induction presentations here.
The January PGR Induction will take place on Wednesday 23 January 2019 in Shilling 004 (2-4pm). Find the schedule for the PGR Induction here.
If you are continuing your research programme in 2018/19, you will need to:
Online Sign up
- You must complete online sign up at the beginning of each academic year (i.e. in September) even if you had a non-standard start date (i.e. did not start in September).
- You must complete online sign up even if you have submitted your thesis or have had your viva; you need to be registered as a Royal Holloway student in order to be awarded.
- if you have queries about online sign up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition fee payment
- Tuition fee payment is due on the anniversary of your start date and is billed one month prior to the anniversary date.
- Once you have submitted your thesis, you are no longer liable for tuition fees. The exception is if you have been given a resubmission outcome after your viva.
- If you are entering your writing up year this September, you are not liable for writing up fees as long as you submit your thesis by 31 October 2018.
- If you are entering your writing up year later in 2018/19, you will not be liable fo the writing up fees as long as you submit no more than 1 month after the start of your writing up year..
- If you have queries about your tuition fee billing, please contact the Research Degrees team.