The Royal Holloway Doctoral School was relaunched in August 2019 to provide a single point on campus to support our research student body. Our more than 1000 research students are integral to our mission and intellectual culture.
The Doctoral School brings together key aspects of research student life, aiming to ensure that research students are fully integrated as members of the College's research community and to provide opportunities to meet and share ideas and experiences across our Schools. We will support our research students throughout their progress, ensuring availability of relevant contemporary research skills and employment training alongside the highest standards of administrative and pastoral support.
The Doctoral School is here to:
- Provide administrative guidance on all aspects of your study from application to submission
- Offer a chance to network with research students across College
- Provide generic training and a calendar of more specialist training events that are available across College
- Offer a space for supervisors across College to meet and share practice
We hope your time as a Royal Holloway research student is inspiring and productive. Please feel free to contact us with any comments, suggestions or queries concerning any aspect of your student experience.
Professor Katie Normington, Deputy Principal (Academic) and Head of the Doctoral School
Key Doctoral School staff:
- Head of the Doctoral School: Professor Katie Normington
- Doctoral School Director (Quality, Enhancement and Inclusion): Professor Rosemary Deem
- Doctoral School admin. team: view our 'Who's Who'