Change of degree information for international students

Change of Degree Information for International Students

Tuition Fees:

Please note if you apply to change your degree programme, your tuition fee liability may change if the new programme you are joining is in a different price band to your current programme. To check the tuition fee amount for your new programme please click on the appropriate link:

Undergraduate fees / Postgraduate fees

New Visa Restrictions

On 6th April 2012 the UK Border Agency (UKBA) introduced a 5 year limit to the length of time you can spend in the UK studying at degree level as a Tier 4 (General) student.

For further details, including information about exceptions to this limit, please visit the UKCISA and UKBA websites. Please note that any study you have undertaken at degree level before the 6 April 2012 will still count towards your total. As such on receipt of your Change of Degree form we are required to check how many years you have studied at degree level (at Royal Holloway and other UK institutions if applicable) and if by changing degree you would exceed the maximum period allowed, your Change of Degree form will be rejected. If you have any queries regarding this new restriction please contact:

Royal Holloway, University of London logo