Visa renewal - CAS process

If you need to renew your student visa please go to the International Student Support Office in the International Building room IN009 or for information and advice on the application process.

As part of your application for a Tier 4 visa you will need to submit an email from us summarising your course details, course fees and your unique Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number.

A CAS is valid for six months from the date when it is generated. If you do not use it within this period to apply for permission to stay under Tier 4, it will automatically become invalid.

If you need to extend your visa, you should request a CAS online here. We recommend you request your new CAS three months before your current visa expires. (You will need a scan of your passport photo page and your most recent UK visa to complete the online application.)

Requests will be processed within 5 working days and the CAS to be emailed to you.

If you have applied to study at Royal Holloway in the coming academic year your CAS reference number will be sent to the email address you provided in your application once you have met the conditions of your offer and your place at Royal Holloway is confirmed.  If you have any queries regarding this please contact:

Detailed Visa and Immigration advice for current students can be found here.

Royal Holloway, University of London logo
Contact us: 


Student Services Centre


t: +44 (0)1784 276641