Our university campus is situated between the small town of Egham and the village of Englefield Green, Surrey. The small sizes of these local communities makes Royal Holloway a relaxed and peaceful place to study; and the closeness of London gives many opportunities for those wanting to live, visit or do voluntary work in a big city. We seek to be a good neighbour by contributing fully to the local economy, supporting local causes with student volunteer help, trying to ensure students behave considerately in the local area and encouraging attention to personal safety & crime-prevention.
The Community, Wellbeing & Student Outreach team - within Support & Advisory Services - support students who are living off-campus locally and those commuting in from outside the immediate community.
Their responsibilities include:
- Visits to students living in Egham & Englefield Green.
- Wellbeing & welfare support and advice for all students.
- Help with, and advice on settling-in issues.
- Overseeing & implementing the Be A Good Neighbour strategy & advice.
- Police, Council & local resident liaison.
- Supporting SURHUL with 'Love Your Neighbour' and SSHH! (Silent Students Happy Homes).
- Personal safety & crime prevention advice (with support from Security).
Information for local residents and how to contact us can be found on our Community Matters pages.
Queries and questions about Community, Wellbeing & Support from student and non-student residents within the local community should be directed to Amanda.
Students can contact them by email or by visiting the main office in Founder's West.
Outside of office hours off campus students can contact College security on 01784 4433063 for advice and support where possible.
- Private sector advice (contract and landlord issues) should be discussed with the SU Advice Centre team.
- Emergency accommodation or halls of residence queries should be directed to the Student Accommodation team.