It is possible to set up your College email account so that it forwards all emails to a different account of your choice.
If you feel that forwarding is necessary you may wish to delete the unwanted extra emails from time to time. However, now standard staff mailboxes are 25Gb in size you are unlikely to encounter the problem of a full, and thus inaccessible, mailbox.
- Open Microsoft Outlook by clicking on 'Start' and then 'Email'.
- Ensure that the Inbox folder is selected/displaying.
- Click on Tools and select Rules Wizard (Rules and Alerts).
- Click on 'New'(New Rule) to start creating a new Rule.
- Click within the Start from a blank rule option button to insert a check mark and then ensure that the Check messages when they arrive option in the panel below is selected.
- Click on 'Next' .
- You do not need to make any changes to the next dialogue box, so click on 'Next'
- When the dialogue box displays stating: "This rule will be applied to every message you receive. Is this correct?" click 'Yes' to accept it.
- In the What do you want to do with the message? panel click on the redirect it to people or distribution list option so that it displays a tick mark.
- If a warning message displays stating that the rule will be incompatible with earlier versions of Outlook, click on 'Yes'to continue creating the rule.
- Now, in the Rule description (click on an underlined value to edit it) panel, click on the people or distribution list hyperlink to open the Rule Address dialogue box.
- Click within the Specify to whom to forward panel and then enter the full email address to which you want your emails forwarded.
- Click on 'OK' to close the Rule Address dialogue box.
- Click on 'Next' at the next two dialogue boxes and then click on 'Finish' to return to the Rules Wizard dialogue box.
- Click on 'OK' to complete the setting up and instigation of the rule.