We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > IT Services > IT FAQs > My computer is broken. Where can I get help?
More in this section student

My computer is broken. Where can I get help?

My computer is broken. Where can I get help?

If you have a general problem with your laptop (or other mobile device)  you can take it along to the Laptop Support office in the Bedford Library, Room 201, during term time. 

Monday - Thursday..............12:00-16:00, 17:00-21:00
Saturday & Sunday..............12:00-17:00  

Any changes to these times (e.g. reduced support times offered over the summer holiday) will be reflected in the Getting Help section via the Laptop Support & Mobile Device Clinic link on the IT Services for Students web page

Hardware repairs are not within our remit, however, if you have a hardware issue with your laptop (or desktop computer) we can direct you to further sources of help here 

For software related problems we may be able to assist you at the Laptop Support office.  However, if you need specific support or purchasing advice for software that is not supported by RHUL IT Services we recommend that you contact the software supplier and/or view our software information here.  This includes information about both Free and Discounted software.


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback