How do I change my default authentication method?
If you have signed into your laptop off campus, you will have used multi-factor authentication (MFA).
To make sure you’re set up to access MFA, please follow the steps below:
Ensure your sign in method is correctly set up
- Visit royalholloway.ac.uk/myaccount
- In the left-hand side menu of the homepage, go to ‘Security info’:
- Click on ‘change’ as highlighted above. This will bring up a drop down list with several authentication options. We recommend that you select ‘Microsoft Authenticator – notification’, as highlighted below. The VPN requires the notification or phone call option, for authentication to work. You may already have this set up:
- This will prompt a green box to appear to confirm that you authentication method is being updated:
- Set up is now complete, and you can leave the site.
If you believe this page needs to be amended or updated please send your comments to ITWebFeedbackroyalholloway.ac.uk.