How do I use the VPN on Mac?
The Royal Holloway VPN (Virtual Private Network) provides you with a digital connection to campus, even if you’re not here. It works by routing your network traffic through the campus, giving you a Royal Holloway network address. When you’re using the VPN your computer will behave exactly like it would if you were on campus, and this allows you quick access to restricted services, like library services and your Y: drive.
You will need to download and install F5 Access for Mac to access the VPN. It is available from the VPN section of our intranet.
To access the VPN, follow these instructions:
1) Open F5 Big-IP Edge Client from your Applications folder.
2) From the Server box, select Add New Server.
3) Type webvpn.rhul.ac.uk into the Specify server address box and press Verify.
4) Enter your College username (e.g. abcd123) and password and press Connect.
5) You should now be connected to the VPN. Select Disconnect to end your session.
To find out how to use the VPN on other operating systems, look at our FAQ collection.
If you believe this page needs to be amended or updated please send your comments to ITWebFeedbackroyalholloway.ac.uk.