Fully booked. To join the waiting list, please contact Organisational Development.
Performance development review training for academic and professional service staff
What is it?
This course is applicable for both academic and professional service staff. It will focus on the skills, knowledge and attributes needed to conduct an effective Performance Development Review. Prior to attending, participants should undertake the online Moodle course “Performance Development Review” which explains the process.
Academic and professional service staff who are new to the College’s PDR process.
This course is mandatory for all line managers.
- Understand the purpose and benefits of the Performance Development Review Process (PDR)
- Appreciate how the PDR can enhance individual and organisational performance and lead to a positive and motivating experience for the reviewee
- Identify the skills, knowledge and attributes that make the PDR most effective & valuable
- Assess development needs in current role and agree most appropriate development solution
- Discuss any longer term career aspirations
- The role of the reviewer and the impact you make
- The power of questions
- Reviewing and rating performance and objectives
- Writing relevant and effective objectives
Please ensure that you complete the PDR training Moodle course before you attend the session.
Please contact orgdevroyalholloway.ac.uk if you would like to attend this event