What is it?
Mentoring is a positive and proven approach for helping others to explore specific issues, goals and ambitions and support them to achieve their aims. The aim of this half day workshop is to equip individuals with the skills and confidence to provide effective mentoring to colleagues; it is a prerequisite for those wishing to be a part of the College's internal mentoring pool.
Open to all new mentors.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand what mentoring is and the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Understand how to establish a focus for mentoring and agree a mentoring contract
- Know and be able to demonstrate the core skills needed for effective mentoring
- Be able to judge when and how to share your own experience and knowledge
- Apply and practice these skills using practical and real working situations.
Once you have completed this workshop and the mentoring and cultural awareness workshop, you will be able to join the College’s internal mentoring network as a mentor.
Please email orgdevrhul.ac.uk for more details.
Please contact orgdevroyalholloway.ac.uk if you would like to attend this event