Fully booked. To join the waiting list, please contact Organisational Development.
Notes and minute taking
What is it?
- Build confidence as a note-taker.
- Improve note-taking and listening skills.
- Pick out key points from discussions and translate into minutes.
- Produce an accurate, brief and clear set of minutes in an appropriate style.
- Understand what style of notes or action points are best suited to a meeting or team’s needs.
- Consider a range of techniques for note taking, including the use of IT (laptops).
- Understand the importance of minutes for some meetings, e.g as a legal record.
- Know how to listen with purpose.
- Ensure listening leads to objective minutes and notes being taken.
- Know how to work with the meeting chair to be more effective
This workshop is for any member of staff choosing to develop their skills in the area of note taking. Additionally the workshop will consider a range of taking minutes in meetings.
- Build confidence as a note-taker
- Improve note-taking and listening skills
- Pick out key points from discussions and translate into minutes
- Produce an accurate, brief and clear set of minutes in an appropriate style
Please contact orgdevroyalholloway.ac.uk if you would like to attend this event