Fully booked. To join the waiting list, please contact Organisational Development.
Business writing skills
What is it?
- Know the principles of professional writing using plain English.
- Use a structured approach to writing letters, emails and short reports at work.
- Practise writing with a clear purpose and tailored for the reader with appropriate tone and language.
- Demonstrate a simple structure to produce a written document.
- Be able to distinguish between the different styles needed for letters, emails and short reports.
- Learn some key grammar techniques to aid clarity and brevity of the content.
- Understand the importance of editing and proof-reading.
- Know where to find information about the Royal Holloway style guide.
- Know how to make communication accessible and user friendly for colleagues who may have hidden difficulties.
- Understand how others receive information as a trigger for formatting communications to others.
This workshop is for anyone wanting to improve their written communication, particularly in emails, letters, and reports. Understanding how to write effectively can improve outcomes for any business setting.
Please contact orgdevroyalholloway.ac.uk if you would like to attend this event