To provide an introduction to collaborating and engaging with others, both internally and externally, practical advice on collaborating, the benefits and potential pitfalls and how to find and take opportunities that are available.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the meaning and importance of collaboration and how it applies to them. Using activities and discussion they will understand how “collaboration-ready” they are and how to recognise and seize opportunities and overcome common barriers.
Part 1: Introduction to collaboration
- Warm up: What is the most exciting “collaboration” you have taken part in (not necessarily work)
- Presentation: What is collaboration and engagement?
- Activity 1: What is collaboration?
- Why do collaboration and engagement matter?
- Top tips 2.2
- Activity 2:
- What opportunities exist at RH?
- What support is provided at RH?
- What is missing?
- Preparation for Part 2 (explain exercises – to be done before next session)
- What would you like to do? Activity 11.1
- Are you collaboration ready? Appendix B
Part 2: Making collaboration work
- Warm up:
- One key thought from the exercises
- Presentation of feedback from the exercises and discussion:
- What kind of collaboration do you want to do?
- How collaboration-ready are you?
- Activity 1: Positive contributions 10.3
- Presentation: Pitfalls and problems and recognising them
- Activity 2: Overcoming barriers to collaboration
- Top Tips 10.1
- Presentation and Discussion: Planning for collaboration
Academic and research staff
Please contact orgdevroyalholloway.ac.uk if you would like to attend this event