Nominations are sought for two non-academic staff members of Council.
As defined in the College Statutes “members of non-academic staff” means the members of staff of the College who are not members of the academic staff.
The constitution of Council includes three non-academic staff members and these positions are currently held by:
- Ms Hazel Jessop, Schools and Colleges Liaison Manager, Marketing and Communications
- Ms Denise Keable, Head of International Support and Inclusivity, Academic Services
- Mr John Gregory, Senior desktop Support Analyst, IT Department
The first terms of office of Ms Denise Keable and Mr John Gregory will end on 30 September 2019 and both members are eligible for re-election for a further term of office, however, nominations are also invited from the electorate.
The term office will be for three years (subject to eligibility) from 1 October 2019 to 30 September 2022.
If you are interested in serving on Council, or would like to nominate a colleague, further information about the duties of Council and its members may be found here.
All nominations must include the names of a proposer and a seconder, and the nominee’s consent, together with a 150 word (maximum) statement about the candidate. This information will be used in the election process.
Nominations on the form must be sent to the Secretariat (FE31) or by email to secretariatrhul.ac.uk.
Nominations must be received before midday Monday 9 September 2019.
If more than two nominations are received, an election will be held and voting will be conducted electronically.
The nominations and election timetable is:
- Monday 9 September 2019 (midday) Closing date for the return of nominations
- Monday 16 September 2019 Voting opens
- Monday 23 September 2019 (midday) Voting closes
- By Friday 27 September 2019 Result announced
An induction meeting will be arranged for new members before the first Council meeting which is on Wednesday 9 October 2019.
If you have any queries please contact, in the first instance, Pauline Martin, Executive Officer for Council, on ex 3899 or secretariatrhul.ac.uk