Our online recruitment system, Stonefish, will be unavailable on Tuesday 16 July from 8am-5pm, to bring the system in line with our new School structures.
During this time, applicants will be unable to apply for roles and recruiting managers will be unable to access Stonefish. Colleagues are therefore asked to plan recruitment activities with this in mind (i.e. extend deadlines, ensure posts are not closing during this time, do not plan to shortlist during this period).
The changes that will be made to Stonefish will enhance system functionality and include:
1. Templates for Job Descriptions and Person Specifications – available for you to download and use when requesting recruitment
2. Online Staff Request Form (OSRF)
- Updated structure to include new schools, departments and Professional Services changes
- Updated sections for Student Administration and External Relations
- New approval workflow to support the new academic structure (including approval by Heads of Department and Heads of School for Academic and Research posts)
- Additional questions to capture the pre-employment checks needed for a post
3. Job Offer Form (completed when making an offer)
- Additional questions to capture the pre-employment checks are needed during on-boarding
For academic and research roles there will be a new section to capture probation information including:
- Career pathway
- HEA Fellowship route
- Probation criteria (objectives)
After the changes have been made, updated guidance notes will be available in Stonefish for your use. (At the top of the site go to User Guide –> Guidance Creating a Job Requisition). If you have any specific questions related to this change or would like additional support in using Stonefish, please contact our HR Systems team.