Applications are still open for our College Teaching Initiatives Scheme. The main aim of this Scheme is to fund one initiative from each of the three current Faculties and Professional Services, up to a typical maximum of approximately £1,500 per initiative.
The aims of the College Teaching Initiatives scheme are:
- to support developments that will directly benefit student learning
- to raise the profile of teaching and to underline the College’s commitment to it
- to recognise initiatives which will have a beneficial impact on student progression and outcomes
- to share good practice by publicising initiatives which will contribute to shaping and strengthening overall support for student learning and attainment.
Applications can be made by teaching staff; postgraduate tutors; learning, administrative and technical support staff who contribute to student learning within their professional roles. We will not accept bids from a single individual. We are looking for collaborative bids preferably involving more than one department. All aspects of student learning qualify for consideration, including face-to-face and independent learning, e-learning, PhD supervision, skills training and indeed any other forms of student support and guidance provided they relate to at least one of the three themes below.
The fund for the Initiatives is currently approximately £7,000 per annum.
The aim of this scheme, where possible and appropriate, is to fund one initiative from each of the three current Faculties, up to a typical maximum of approximately £1,500 per initiative. Another approx. £1,500 has been allocated to fund a project led by Professional Services staff/teams.
Projects must address at least one of the following themes:
- Academic support
- Employment skills
- Student engagement, diversity and inclusion
You will be required to produce a report on the progress of your initiative in the 2019-20 academic year.
Please submit your electronic application to Fiona Prendergast, Fiona.Prendergast@rhul.ac.uk. Please contact Fiona Prendergast if you have any queries.
Closing date for submissions: Friday 22 March 2019.
Details for the College Teaching Initiatives 2019 can also be found here.