Following Government advice in light of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the Careers Service in the Davison Building is currently closed for any face-to-face queries.
The Careers Team are continuing to deliver services online, meeting the needs of both students and employers. This involves digitising aspects of our planned delivery, but we have systems in place that provide opportunities to continue with much of what we have already agreed for this academic year. Keep an eye out for more details to follow, but in the meantime please do contact us to discuss how we can continue to meet your plans. The easiest way is to email your usual contact; alternatively you can reach us at careersroyalholloway.ac.uk.
We’re continuing to deliver the following:
- Student appointments – we’re continuing to speak to students in 121 appointments by telephone and online, using Microsoft Teams. Appointments can be booked by students via the Careers Portal as usual.
- Workshops and events – we will be delivering workshops and employer events online through a variety of channels; video interviews, podcasts and online campaigns, etc.
- Vacancies – our Careers Portal remains fully operational, and students are able to search for a range of vacancies.
- Online Careers Education – students can also access our psychometric testing, video interviewing and application writing training courses through the Careers section of Moodle.
- Micro-placements – we are contacting all students who secured a micro-placement opportunity and working with employers who have offered opportunities for this summer to explore alternatives/changes in the indicative timetable. This is being continuously reviewed in line with rapidly changing College and/or government guidelines about Covid-19 and we will keep all participating students updated by email.
- Volunteering – our Volunteering Platform will be promoting volunteer roles that can be engaged remotely, including community research, and specific Covid-19 community support opportunities. Recruitment for student leader roles 2020/21 is still ongoing with online interviews available.
In early April we also expect to be able to circulate information from the first release of the ‘Graduate Outcomes Survey’ that details the destinations of our 2017/18 graduates.
The Careers Team