It’s national survey season, and we’re running a survey for every year group. Throughout the campaign we're encouraging students to evaluate their time at Royal Holloway. The surveys, in particular the National Student Survey (NSS) for final year undergraduates, are critical to our external reputation and student recruitment.
The surveys began on Monday 15 January, here's our week three progress summary.
|Survey || Completion rate||Number completed ||Number remaining ||Same time last yeat|| |
| National Student Survey (NSS)
|Undergraduate surveys(First year and penultimate in aggregate)
- We are outperforming the sector (25%) and are only 1% below the other week two institutions.
- Our progress in the NSS continues, and after three weeks we’re within 11% of reaching our 50% publishing threshold.
- As with last week, we are still down in comparison to last year. However, as is the rest of the sector.
- The NSS launched their text campaign on Thursday 1 February, however, are not emailing students now until the end of the campaign (if it is necessary). The last email sent to our students from the NSS was on the 26 January.
- It’s very positive to see that our undergraduate survey response rates are still growing, though not as significantly as in the previous weeks.
- We now have six departments over the 50% threshold and six others within 10% of reaching it.
What’s happening in the week ahead?
- We are back in the Event Space in the Davison Building on Monday 5 and Tuesday 6 February. You can view all the times we’ll be there on the student intranet events page.
- We’ll be catching students at the end of two evening careers events; Marketing in the Digital Age and PR & Media Relations.
- Following a successful Survey Champions meeting and sharing of best practice, many departments are ‘ramping up’ their activity in the coming weeks.
- Are you planning a survey completion event in your area? If you’d like laptops, iPads, chocolate incentives, extra collateral (like banners and posters) or more people to help you run your event please contact the Internal Communications team.
- We’re filming a Law student and a catering example for our You Said, We Did themed video series. If you have any examples that could be filmed, please get in touch.