We apologise for the any inconvenience caused by the current works on campus. These works are all essential to upgrade our historic estate.
Pavement works outside Arts: Access to Arts will be impacted for short periods until Friday 13 October
- The next stage of work is on the pavement outside the Arts Building and will mean temporarily closure of the doors.
- One sets of doors will remain open at all times and each set of doors will close for a max of 24 hours.
- The work won’t be noisy, it’s manual work with no loud machinery involved.
- Thursday 5 October, the first set of doors nearest the Computer centre will close until Friday morning, 6 October.
- On Monday morning, 9 October, they will close again for a few hours only.
- On Wednesday morning, 11 October, the main entrance doors will close until Thursday morning, 12 October.
- On the Friday morning, 13 October, the main entrance doors will close again for a few hours only.
- The work is weather dependent so the timings might change.
Works on steps by Munro Fox: Works on steps from Munro Fox lecture theatre to the SU from Mon 9 to Wed 11
- The steps leading down from Munro Fox lecture theatre to towards the Student Union will be closed from Monday to Wednesday 9-11 October for the repairs.
- No access to buildings will be affected.
Campus road works: Roadworks on the Pedestrian Priory Zone throughout October
- Work on the pedestrian priority zone, outside the computer centre and between Arts and the Davidson buildings, continues.
- The area will be accessible throughout, but there will be single lane traffic and traffic lights in place.
- At times there will be temporary pedestrian diversions, these will be clearly signposted.
Founder’s main entrance: Minor works continue
- The ramps and entrance will be fully accessible while some minor works are carried out over the next week.
Delays likely: Runnymede Roundabout works until March 2018
- Surrey County Council have started works on Runnymede Roundabout to improve traffic management and the efficiency of vehicle flows as well as making it easier for pedestrians and cyclists to safely navigate the roundabout.
- These works are highly likely to cause delay to routes via the roundabout and in the surrounding areas.
- Full details of these works are available here.
Science building updates
If you would like to know more about the construction of the new Science building come and meet the contractor. The next monthly meet is on the 24 October @ 9.30 in the Hub restaurant.
When information is received this update will cover local roadworks that are not connected to our estates works. More information on all local roadworks are available here.
Questions? If you have any questions, please get in touch at: estateplanroyalholloway.ac.uk