We are happy to support Heads of Department, Directors of Research and individual academics with research development activities. These can be as simple as providing one-to-one advice on funding opportunities to workshops for larger cohorts of colleagues who require guidance and training.
Examples of the types of development activities we can support are listed below:
- One-to-one guidance on research funding opportunities and support with matching research ideas to specific schemes/calls.
- Training on using the Research Professional database.
- Grant writing workshops aimed at staff at different stages of their career.
- Arranging funder visits to Royal Holloway.
- Support with the co-ordination of large grant applications.
- Facilitating interdisciplinary research workshops.
- Help with capacity building activities (eg. locating potential collaborators or arranging events to bring researchers together around a specific topic or funding call).
If you are interested in organising a research development event then please get in contact with the relevant staff member from the list below:
Dr Christopher Daley, Research Development Manager, covering Arts, Humanities and Social Science disciplines. Christopher.Daley@rhul.ac.uk, 01784 443844.
Dr Marcela Acuna Rivera, Research Development Manager, covering Sciences. Marcela.AcunaRivera@rhul.ac.uk, 01784 276571.
Dr Hilary Lynch, Global Challenges Strategy Manager, covering applications to the Global Challenges Research Fund. Hilary.Lynch@rhul.ac.uk, 01784 414416.