As a sector both Institutions and researchers are required to ensure that staff are treated with respect and dignity. Below are two recent review that highlight some concerns with current research practices
As an institution we encourage staff to build healthy research cultures and practices, which extends to colleagues, team members, students and professional service staff. In Research and Innovation we operate to a professional code of conduct.
Staff must ensure that they abide by the Dignity at Work Policy when considering their treatment of others.
When building a healthy research culture consider:
- Creating informal channels to openly discuss research integrity
- Creating a dialogue around research integrity and culture
- Fostering community ownership of research integrity
- Agreeing shared expectations
- Constructing an environment that nurtures training
- Develop a research environment to be proud of.