The Academic Quality and Policy Office (AQPO) is responsible for a broad range of activities including academic quality assurance and enhancement of academic provision (annual review, Periodic Departmental Reviews, and validation), curriculum data management (setting up new and amended course units and programmes on Banner and maintaining CAPP (Curriculum Advising and Programme Planning), which drives the mark management and timetabling systems, academic regulatory and policy support, and servicing the key College academic governance committees.
The Head of the Office manages a team of Senior Academic Quality Managers each of whom support two Schools, working closely with the School Directors of Education, and a team of Academic Quality Officers, who support the work of the Senior Academic Quality Managers.
The Academic Quality and Policy Office also includes a Senior Academic Quality Manager (Partnerships), who supports College partnership initiatives such as delivering programmes abroad, articulation agreements with institutions abroad and validated programmes delivered by other providers. More recently, the team has taken over responsibility for study abroad and international exchange agreements, which are overseen by the Academic Partnerships Officer.
Interim Head of Academic Quality and Policy Office
- Responsible for providing strategic leadership for the Academic Quality and Policy Office;
- Works closely with the Senior Vice-Principal (Education) and the Vice-Principal (Quality and Standards) contributing to the development of policy and academic regulations in relation to the academic provision for all students, the quality assurance and enhancement of such provision and the implementation of relevant objectives in the College’s Education Enhancement Plan;
- Provides support to the Senior Vice-Principal (Academic Strategy, Partnerships and Resources) on the oversight of academic portfolio of the College, including collaborative provision.
Senior Academic Quality Managers
- Support and provide advice on all School-based quality assurance processes (programme validation and annual review) and secretaries to Periodic Departmental Review Panels.
- Support Department Assessment and School Progression and Awards Boards
- Provide guidance and advice on College policy and regulatory matters in relation to taught and research provision.
Clare Munton, Senior Academic Quality Manager: School of Life Sciences and the Environment and School of Engineering, Physical and Mathematical Sciences (ext. 4934)
Noreen Naughton, Senior Academic Quality Manager: School of Business and Management and School of Law and Social Sciences (ext. 3357)
Sarah Sanders, Senior Academic Quality Manager: School of Humanities and School of Performing and Digital Arts (ext. 3986)
Academic Quality Officers
- Support and guidance for all quality assurance processes and maintenance of associated records, including validation, annual review and periodic departmental reviews.
- Provision and maintenance of teaching quality information.
- Servicing College level committees, boards and working groups.
- Maintenance of the Academic Quality and Policy Office web pages.
- Oversight of External Examiner appointments and payment.
John Hill, Academic Quality Officer (ext. 6166)
Debby Salsbury, Academic Quality Officer (ext. 6650)
Gee-May Tang, Academic Quality Officer (ext. 4499) [Tuesday to Friday 8.30am -2.15pm school term time and Wednesday to Friday 8.30am to 4.15pm non term time ]
Academic Partnerships Officer
- Supports study abroad and international exchange arrangements in the College.
Sofia Mason, Partnerships Manager (ext. 4699)
For other queries, please use one of our alternative email addresses: