This Policy and Procedure sets out the College’s management arrangements for the use of lasers. It requires that the potential for harm to staff, students and other persons from work with laser equipment is either prevented, or where that is not reasonably practicable, is adequately controlled.
The following documents relate to laser safety:
- Appendix 1 - Duties of Departmental Laser Safety Officers (Version 2, June 2017)
- Appendix 2 - Radiation Safety Group - Membership & Constitution (Version 4, June 2017)
- Appendix 3 - Laser Personal Registration form (Version 3, June 2017)
- Appendix 4 - Registration of Laser form (Version 3, June 2017)
- Appendix 5 - Laser Survey form (Version 3, June 2017)
- Appendix 6 - Accompanying notes to the Laser Survey Form (Version 3, June 2017)
- Appendix 7 - Code of Practice - Laser Pointers and Pens (Version 4, June 2017)
Where any doubt exists as to the action to be taken or advice and assistance is required, please contact the College's Laser Safety Officer.