Bullying and harassment awareness for researchers
- Describe the legal position on bullying and harassment, understand the Equality Act 2010.
- Define bullying and harassment in the workplace and how it might be observed in a research setting
- Recognise and challenge bullying behaviour.
- Identify the effects of bullying and harassment on the individual, the research team, and the organisation.
- Know about the Royal Holloway Dignity at Work policy.
- Understand how to make effective and preventative changes.
- Know what to do and where to go to establish support when managing a bullying and harassment case.
- Consider prevention and problem solving.
- Understand how to share the knowledge with colleagues and create a mindset change.
Academic and research staff and staff working in a research environment.
Delegates will spend time exploring and understanding the Equality Act and the College Dignity at Work policy. They will be given the opportunity to explore the impact of Bullying and Harassment within the context of working with others on research. Additionally, the workshop will explore how to identify bullying and harassment and consider how to prevent situations arising.