To provide an introduction to collaborating and engaging with others, both internally and externally, practical advice on collaborating, the benefits and potential pitfalls and how to find and take opportunities that are available.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the meaning and importance of collaboration and how it applies to them. Using activities and discussion they will understand how “collaboration-ready” they are and how to recognise and seize opportunities and overcome common barriers.
Part 1: Introduction to Collaboration
- What is collaboration and engagement?
- Activity 1: What is collaboration?
- Why do collaboration and engagement matter?
- Activity 2: Support for collaboration at RH
- Top Tips
- Preparation for Part 2
- What would you like to do?
- Are you collaboration ready?
Part 2: Making Collaboration Work
- Introduction: One key thought from Part 1 or the exercises
- Presentation of feedback from the exercises and discussion
- What kind of collaboration do you want to do?
- How collaboration-ready are you?
- Activity 1: Positive contributions
- Presentation: Pitfalls and problems and recognising them
- Activity 2: Overcoming barriers to collaboration
- Top Tips
- Presentation and Discussion: Planning for collaboration
Academic and research staff