This workshop will provide an insight into working with different people by understanding what motivates them and using communication effectively to engage with them. It is open to anyone wishing to improve their own personal levels of communication and improve interaction.
- What motivates different people and what gets them to take action.
- Understand what motivates you (the delegate) and how this might differ from those around you.
- How to engage people – in normal circumstances and even when the relationship is difficult.
- Increase personal influence through more effective communication skills.
- Active listening – how to listen, playback and get more from your conversations.
- Recognising your own preferred thinking patterns and how they differ from others.
- Using language flexibly to communicate and influence others.
- Appreciating what others are telling you, even when they are not talking to you.
- Managing difficult conversations.
- Consider the value of effective communication in a changing culture and environment.
- Improving communication with the wider audience at Royal Holloway.
This course provides delegates with an opportunity to explore their own communication preferences and in doing so, understand the preferences of other people. The course will combine this knowledge with the practical elements of improving listening skills, observational techniques and knowing how to present ideas and communication in different ways to achieve a range of results.
Delegates can expect to have some fun as they explore how and why people behave differently, and then how to maximise on this knowledge. Understanding the best ways to interact with others can enhance communication and gain significantly increased results and improved performance all round.
Delegates will spend time practising active listening skills and how to use this to improve communication. Additionally the workshop will explore tools to assist in managing difficult conversations.