What is it?
This half day workshop focuses on improving and providing participants with an understanding of cultural awareness. It is useful for both academics and support staff working with international students to develop more effective cross-cultural communication methods. It targets areas of work across the University whereby staff can be more empowered to implement tools and working across cultures in a more inclusive way.
Academics and Staff support teams working in a cross cultural environment enabling a better understanding of working with international students in either an academic setting or support role.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Explore the different definitions of culture.
- Is it culture or something else – identifying the issue and dealing with it.
- Intercultural Management and messages around communication.
- Exploring cross cultural communication styles and effective ways of working together.
- Understanding different cultural values and attitudes and their impact on cross-cultural working.
- Strategies to develop cultural competency and improve cultural inclusion at all levels.
There are no scheduled upcoming events. If this is a Human Resources event, please check back soon or e-mail orgdevroyalholloway.ac.uk to join the waiting list.
Feedback from previous attendees
"Enjoyable session. Important topics covered in a culturally challenging Uni / environment."