What is it?
This workshop will provide skills to allow delegates to perform effective 1:1 meetings.
Managers who wish to conduct effective 1:1 meetings with your team members.
- Understand the context for 1:1s and why they are considered a fundamental part of modern management
- Set and manage the environment for effective 1:1s
- Structure the meeting effectively
- Handle the dynamics of the meeting
- How this workshop aligns to the Royal Holloway Leadership Behaviours Framework
- What makes an effective 1:1 meeting and why they are important
- Planning for them; what should be included
- The skills involved – active listening and effective questions
- Setting objectives, expectations and clear direction
- The importance of follow up