Leading and developing teams
What is it?
Through a mixture of discussion, feedback, group exercises and skills practice, this one day workshop will equip you with the skills and behaviours to develop and lead a high performing team.
Managers and aspiring managers interested in developing their ability to build and lead a high performing team.
- Understand the vital and positive role of a manager in building and influencing team performance and development
- Understand your own style and preferences and how this impacts on your management approach and interaction with your team
- Understand the stages of a team’s development and the dynamics that impact on them
- Know how to create self-directed and high performing teams
- Effectively manage teams with individuals from different cultures, roles and perspectives
- How this workshop aligns to the Royal Holloway Leadership Behaviours Framework
- Action Centred: balancing the needs of the task, individual and team
- Situational Leadership: understand when and how to flex your approach to suit different situations and needs
- Using a team capability map to assess your team’s stage of development
- Creating a team environment which values and promotes inclusivity and diversity
- Managing workloads