What is it?
Develop the skills and attributes required in yourself as a manager and your team to generate a culture of collaboration amongst and between teams
Those with formal line or project team management responsibility who need to build better collaboration within their own team and across other teams
- Understand the role of a manager in generating collaboration within and between teams
- Clarify and agree what collaboration means and what it looks like
- How to bring down barriers and resistance to collaboration
- Build awareness of different cultures and perspectives and generate a mind-set of inclusive collaboration
- Build trust and consensus, managing accountability and conflict
- What is collaboration and who are the stakeholders? (Building a stakeholder map)
- What barriers can there be to working collaboratively?
- How to influence an outcome (Instant influencing technique)
- What is your role as a manager in role modelling collaboration within and between teams
- Aligning the words, actions and behaviours to demonstrate an openness and willingness to work collaboratively
- Dealing with the barriers – approaches
- The importance of consistency in approach
- Dealing with differences – culture and perspectives
- Is trust earnt or built? (Lencioni model)
- Where does trust fit in when working collaboratively?
- The impact of lack of trust? What else will not happen without trust
- Creating consensus building on contractual, social and psychological needs
- Building accountability and responsibly to lead to success outcomes and delivery
- Creating an aligned environment versus a blame culture
- The importance of celebration and recognition