Leading through change
What is it?
Change is continuous, certain and often dreaded. It can involve a considerable amount of upheaval and the revision of working practices. The key to managing change is to communicate well, make time to listen and limit uncertainty. This workshop offers strategies to support conveying change as a positive experience for staff.
Line managers who are leading a team through change.
By the end of the workshop you will be better able to:
- Explain the impact of change on performance
- Identify ways of implementing new ideas and practices positively
- Recognise the importance of effective communication in dealing with uncertainty
- Adopt a strategy for maintaining clear vision
- Encourage and maintain motivation
- Identify causes of negativity and ways of overcoming them
The nature of change
- Identifying key drivers of change
- Types of change
- Causes of change
- Why do we resist change?
Identifying transition factors
- Prioritising opportunities
- Assessing adaptability
- Defining goals
- Communicating the need for change
Assuring positive outcomes
- Gaining support for change
- Maintaining momentum
- Developing your plan
- Monitoring progress in change management
Key exercises and theory
- Causes and resistance to change
- Kubler-Ross change curve
- Stress and change
- Emotional Intelligence
Through discussion and exercises, participants will examine the key dynamics of change. Explore skills and ideas that help minimise resistance and enhance
Action Plans to successfully implement the information gathered during the workshop.