How library services have been affected
The physical library and print collection:
- Following government advice, the library is working to prepare for the phased reopening of the library building and it’s services. In order to do this we first need to bring staff back safely onto campus and implement measures to make the building Covid-secure for everybody. We will also be introducing a ‘click and collect’ service for loans, we will update you as soon as this service is set up and running. We will then look to open study spaces in line with social distancing guidelines. If you have any questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can return Royal Holloway library books to the book return box located on the external wall of the Davison Building towards the SU Shop. It is open 24/7 and users are free to come onto campus for the purposes of returning library books, without the need to give notice to the College. Please be aware it may take up to a week for returned loans to be cleared from users’ accounts.
- For graduating students who may not be returning to campus, we will advise on alternative ways to return books in the future.
- The Library has extended the loan period on all borrowed books to the end of September 2020. We will review this again closer to the time.
- All recalls on books have been cancelled. If you have a book which has been recalled, please ignore this.
- You will not be penalised if you are unable to get books back to the Library by the due date once we do reopen. Overdue fines remain suspended until further notice. If you have any queries about returning books, please contact us on email@example.com
- Bedford Square is closed and so is unable to accept any book returns.
- Until further notice we will no longer be able to provide physical Inter Library Loans. We will endeavour to provide all digital article and chapter requests where possible.
- All existing Inter Library Loans currently loaned out will have their due date extended until the 30th of September 2020. The Library reserves the right to recall Inter Library Loans earlier than the 30th of September if they are requested by the British Library or partner institutions.
- For existing external users who have items on loan, these loans will be extended until Library re-opens.
- If you would like to extend your membership to compensate for times when not able to use service, please contact us at Library@rhul.ac.uk.
How we can support you
Researching an assignment?
- To start exploring our resources go to LibrarySearch. To help you access our digital content we have added the option to search ‘Online Resources Only’ when you start your search. We provide access to nearly 600,000 eBooks, millions of online journal articles, online newspapers, statistics, video streaming platforms and more.
- Some suppliers have given temporary access to their resources, which you can access on our Temporary Free Resources page.
- If there is a resource you can’t access for your assignment, research or exam preparation then email firstname.lastname@example.org with as many details as possible and we will do our best to provide it for you.
- We have provided online access to as many ‘essential’ resources on reading lists as possible and are working with module conveners to provide suitable alternatives where resources are unavailable digitally.
- All Royal Holloway staff and students can sign up online to Senate House Library to gain access to their digital resources.
Preparing for alternative assessments?
Need a little extra help?
- Our Information Consultants are providing individual appointments via MS Teams to help you with using our resources, critical evaluation and referencing. You can book one on our Information Consultants webpage.
- There is more support available through the library’s Moodle Page, where you can access resources and webinar recordings to help you get the most out of the library online.