Emotional problems can get in the way of your studies and life in general. If you find yourself having problems, you might find it helpful to talk to one of our professionally trained counsellors. Problems people come to us to talk about include:
- eating disorders
- childhood sexual abuse
- post-traumatic stress
- dependency on alcohol or drugs
- and many others.
We can also help with academic matters like exam phobia, procrastination and trouble concentrating.
The Counselling Service is available free to all students at Royal Holloway.
Meet the team
We're a small team of professionals based in Founder's West.
- Pat Simpson, Head of Student Counselling (Founder's West 172)
- Dee Raja, Student Counsellor (Founder's West 166)
- Liz Armstrong, Student Counsellor (Founder's West 165)
- Rosemary Underwood, Counselling Caseworker (Founder's West 167)
- Debbie Fyrth, Counselling Caseworker (Founder's West 168)
- Nicky Rodgers, Counselling Caseworker (Founder's West 166)
- Karen Macmillan, Counselling Caseworker (Founder's West)
- Sonia Owen, Counselling Co-ordinator (Founder's West 171), 01784 443128
- Helen Beaumont, Receptionist & Administrative Assistant (Founder's West 171), 01784 443128
We're also supported by a team of Associate and Sessional Counsellors. Associate Counsellors are fully trained and offer their services voluntarily as they accrue experience for their final accreditation. Sessional Counsellors are accredited counsellors who support the team with additional sessions during peak times. Associate and Sessional Counsellors also work in Founder's West and support us to provide counselling coverage every day of the week.
Associate & Sessional Counsellors
- Kenny Aruwa
- Liz Butler
- Jenny Chivers
- Anna Harman
- Liz Hawkins
- Anne Head
- Lauren Lakritz
- Sue McGee
- Suzi Poole
- Rekha Savania
- Martyn Taylor
- Sara Thompson
- Sue Kinder
To see a counsellor you need to register and then book an appointment.
For all other enquiries you can:
We're open from Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm and are based in Founder's West, room 171 (just along from the Picture Gallery).