Emotional problems can get in the way of your studies and life in general. If you find yourself having problems, you might find it helpful to talk to one of our professionally trained counsellors.
Problems people come to us to talk about include:
|Childhood sexual abuse
|Sexual assault / rape
||And much more
Student Counselling is available free to all students at Royal Holloway and we are a BACP accredited service.
Meet the team
We're a team of professional counsellors who are based in Founder's East (1st floor). Registration and reception is located in Founder's East, room 140.
- Pat Simpson, Head of Student Counselling
- Dee Raja, Student Counsellor & Supervisor
- Kenny Aruwa, Counselling Caseworker
- Jenny Chivers, Counselling Caseworker
- Karen Macmillan, Counselling Caseworker
- Nicky Rodgers,Counselling Caseworker
- Victoria Turton-Blyth, Counselling Caseworker
Administration & reception team
- Helen Beaumont, Counselling Co-ordinator (job share) (Mon, Tues, Wed)
- Faiza Akram, Counselling Co-ordinator (job-share) (Wed, Thurs, Fri)
Associate & Sessional Counsellors
We're also supported by a team of Associate and Sessional Counsellors whow support us to provide counselling coverage every weekday. Associate Counsellors are fully trained and offer their services voluntarily as they accrue experience for their final accreditation. Sessional Counsellors are accredited counsellors who support the team with additional sessions during peak times.
- Elizabeth Butler
- Sue McGee
- Suzi Poole
- Martyn Taylor
- Sue Kinder
To see a counsellor you need to register and then book an appointment.
For all other enquiries you can:
We are available Monday - Friday between 9:00am - 5:00pm. Our office is located near the exit from Founder's Dining Hall.