Emotional problems can get in the way of your studies and life in general. If you find yourself having problems, you might find it helpful to talk to one of our professionally trained counsellors. Problems people come to us to talk about include:
- eating disorders
- childhood sexual abuse
- post-traumatic stress
- dependency on alcohol or drugs
- and many others including academic matters such as exam phobia, procrastination and trouble concentrating.
The Counselling Service is available free to all students at Royal Holloway. We are a BACP accredited service.
Meet the team
We're a team of professional counsellors based on Founder's West 1st floor.
- Pat Simpson, Head of Student Counselling
- Dee Raja, Student Counsellor
- Liz Armstrong, Student Counsellor
- Rosemary Underwood, Counselling Caseworker
- Debbie Fyrth, Counselling Caseworker
- Nicky Rodgers, Counselling Caseworker
- Karen Macmillan, Counselling Caseworker
- Kenny Aruwa, Counselling Intern
Administration team (Founder's West 171, 01784 443128)
- Sonia Owen, Counselling Co-ordinator
- Helen Beaumont, Receptionist & Administrative Assistant
We're also supported by a team of Associate and Sessional Counsellors. Associate Counsellors are fully trained and offer their services voluntarily as they accrue experience for their final accreditation. Sessional Counsellors are accredited counsellors who support the team with additional sessions during peak times. Associate and Sessional Counsellors also work in Founder's West and support us to provide counselling coverage every day of the week.
Associate & Sessional Counsellors
- Elizabeth Butler
- Jenny Chivers
- Anna Harman
- Liz Hawkins
- Lauren Lakritz
- Sue McGee
- Suzi Poole
- Rekha Savania
- Martyn Taylor
- Sara Thompson
- Sue Kinder
To see a counsellor you need to register and then book an appointment.
For all other enquiries you can:
We're open from Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm and are based in Founder's West, room 171 (just along from the Picture Gallery).