Emotional problems can get in the way of your studies and life in general. If you find yourself having problems, you might find it helpful to talk to one of our professionally trained counsellors.
Problems people come to us to talk about include:
|Childhood sexual abuse
|Sexual assault / rape
||And much more
The Counselling Service is available free to all students at Royal Holloway and we are a BACP accredited service.
Meet the team
We're a team of professional counsellors who are based in Founder's West (1st floor).
- Pat Simpson, Head of Student Counselling
- Dee Raja, Student Counsellor & Supervising Counsellor
- Rosemary Underwood, Counselling Caseworker
- Nicky Rodgers, Counselling Caseworker
- Karen Macmillan, Counselling Caseworker
- Kenny Aruwa, Counselling Caseworker
- Jenny Chivers, Counselling Caseworker
Associate & Sessional Counsellors
We're also supported by a team of Associate and Sessional Counsellors. Associate Counsellors are fully trained and offer their services voluntarily as they accrue experience for their final accreditation. Sessional Counsellors are accredited counsellors who support the team with additional sessions during peak times. Associate and Sessional Counsellors also work in Founder's West and support us to provide counselling coverage every day of the week.
- Elizabeth Butler
- Sue McGee
- Suzi Poole
- Martyn Taylor
- Sue Kinder
Administration team (Registration & reception is in Founder's West 171)
- Sonia Owen, Counselling Co-ordinator
- Helen Beaumont, Receptionist & Administrative Assistant
To see a counsellor you need to register and then book an appointment.
For all other enquiries you can:
We're open from Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm and are based in Founder's West, room 171 (just along from the Picture Gallery).