We wish to support our international students who are travelling to Royal Holloway to start a course in January 2022. We are pleased to confirm that we will refund the cost, to a maximum level, of the requirements that may apply to you on arrival in the UK to begin your course, based on the UK Government’s current travel guidance. These are currently (i) a PCR test on arrival and (ii) ten days managed quarantine hotel accommodation if you are arriving from a red list country.
- Claim form for students who commence a programme of study in January 2022.
Please ensure you have read the criteria below before submitting your claim.
(a) For quarantine hotel costs
- New postgraduate (taught & research) international (inc. EU) fee paying students who and who are travelling from a UK Government red list country to the UK to commence their studies on a course with a start date of January 2022.
- Your home country must have been or be on the UK red travel list at the point of travel.
(b) For PCR tests for travel
- New postgraduate (taught & research) international (inc. EU) fee paying students travelling from their home country where a day 2 PCR test is required and who are travelling to commence their studies on a course with a start date of January 2022.
- Visiting international (inc.EU) fee paying students who will be studying at Royal Holloway for term 2 and 3.
- Students with a home (UK) fee payment status are not eligible to make a claim for either cost.
- Students traveling from non-red list countries are not eligible to make a claim for hotel quarantine.
- Students who travel through a red list country as part of their journey are not eligible to make a claim for quarantine hotel costs.
- You may not claim costs for partners, spouses, dependents or anyone who accompanies you to the UK.
- Students whose courses commenced in September 2021 are not eligible as the claim period has now closed for September starters.
- Up to £1,500 towards the reasonable costs of 10 days stay in managed red-list quarantine accommodation in a UK hotel.
- Up to £150 towards the cost of a Covid-19 day 2 PCR test where required for paying students paying EU or International fees who have travelled to the UK from their home country to join a programme which commences in January 2022. This includes students who have travelled from non-red list countries and where a day 2 PCR test is required for entry to the UK.
- If your costs exceed these limits you will be responsible for the additional costs.
- The eligible period of travel is between 11 December 2021 and 28 January 2022.
- No, this package is for students arriving to study on a programme commencing in January 2022.
- Only one claim can be made during the 2021 / 2022 academic year.
- If you choose to travel within the academic year the College will not cover any costs incurred by you.
- All claims and receipts must be received within four weeks of arriving in the UK. Claims after this time period will not be processed and reimbursed.
- The last date for submission of claims is 25 February 2022.
- Complete the claim form for reimbursement and send this completed form and your receipts at attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘QSP Claim’
- Claims cannot be processed without receipts and bank statements will not be regarded as proof of purchase. Please ensure therefore they are attached to your emailed claim.
- Receipts must include the name of the student making the claim. Receipts with another name will not be considered evidence for a claim.
- You will need to have completed the enrolment process and have paid your tuition fees before any claim can be accepted and processed.
- You must have recorded your UK bank account details on Campus Connect before any reimbursement can be made. Delays to updating your bank details will lead to delays in your reimbursement being transferred.
Claim form for students who commence a programme of study in January 2022.
- The College will check and process reimbursement claims on a weekly basis and will then submit the claim to our Student Payments team once per week
- Reimbursement will be paid the student’s UK bank account. Students will have needed to have registered their UK bank account details on Campus Connect in advance.
- Payments cannot be made to non-students or to non-UK bank accounts.
- Payment may take 14 days after the claim has been checked and processed.