We wish to support our international students who are travelling to Royal Holloway to start or continue a course during the 2021/22 academic year.
We are pleased to confirm that we will refund the cost, to a maximum level, of the requirements that may apply to you on arrival in the UK to begin your course, based on the UK Government’s current travel guidance.
Full details of the eligibility criteria and the process for making a claim are detailed below.
(a) For quarantine hotel costs.
- New undergraduate and postgraduate (taught & research) international (inc. EU) fee paying students who are travelling from a UK Government red list country to the UK to commence their studies in term 1 of the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Continuing undergraduate and postgraduate (taught & research) international (inc. EU) fee paying students who are travelling from a UK Government red list country to the UK to continue their studies in term 1 of the 2021/2022 academic year. This includes students who will be completing a placement year or year in business in the UK.
- Your home country must have been or be on the UK red travel list at the point of travel.
(b) For PCR tests for travel.
- New and continuing undergraduate and postgraduate (taught & research) international (inc. EU) fee paying students travelling from their home country where a test is required for entry to the UK.
The scheme will be reviewed for January 2022 starters later this year and a new travel window considered if required. Further details will be shared with applicants once this review has been completed.
- Students with a home (UK) fee payment status are not eligible to make a claim for either cost.
- Students travelling from amber watch, amber or green list countries are not eligible to make a claim for hotel quarantine.
- Students who travel through a red list country as part of their journey are not eligible to make a claim for quarantine hotel costs.
- You may not claim costs for partners, spouses, dependents or anyone else who accompanies you to the UK.
- Students who completed their studies in 2020 / 21 are not eligible.
- The costs for day 2,5 & 8 tests upon arrival in the UK are not eligible for reimbursement under this support package.
- Up to £1,500 towards the reasonable costs of 10 days stay in managed quarantine accommodation in an approved UK hotel.
- If your costs exceed £1,500 you will be responsible for the additional costs.
- Up to £150 towards the cost of a Covid-19 test for travel into the UK (where required for EU or International fee paying students who have travelled from their home country).
- If your costs exceed £150 you will be responsible for the additional costs.
- Please note costs for day 2,5 & 8 tests upon arrival in the UK are not eligible for reimbursement under this support package.
- The eligible period of travel is between 11 June 2021 and 15 October 2021.
- The scheme will be reviewed for January 2022 starters later this year and a new travel window considered if required. Further details will be shared with applicants at a later point.
- No, this package is for students arriving to study in term 1 of the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Only one refund can be made during the 2021/22 academic year.
- If you choose to travel within the academic year the College will not cover any costs incurred.
- Students who arrived in the UK between 11 June 2021 and 11 August 2021 claims and receipts must be submitted by 8 September 2021.
- For students who arrive in the UK after 11 August 2021 all claims and receipts must be received within four weeks of arriving in the UK.
- Claims received after these time periods will not be processed and reimbursed.
- Print and complete the claim form for reimbursement.
- Students must staple a copy of their hotel receipt and / or test payment receipt to the claim form, put them in an envelope and take this to the Student Services Centre in the Davison building leaving the envelope at the designated point.
- Claims cannot be processed without receipts and bank statements will not be regarded as proof of purchase. Please ensure therefore the receipts are securely attached to your claim and all papers placed in an envelope when left at the Student Services Centre.
- Receipts must include the name of the student making the claim. Receipts with another name will not be considered as evidence for a claim.
- You will need to have completed the enrolment process and paid your tuition fees before any claim can be accepted and processed.
- The College will check and process reimbursement claims on a weekly basis and then submit valid claims to our Finance team for payment.
- Reimbursement will be paid the student’s UK bank account. Students will need to register their UK bank account details on Campus Connect in advance.
- Payments cannot be made to non-students or to non-UK bank accounts.
- Reimbursement may take 14 days once the claim has been checked and processed.
- Quarantine support package claim form
- Please print this form and complete all sections.
- Attach copies of your receipts to the form and place the form in an envelope.
- Take the envelope containing the completed form and receipts to the Student Services Centre (Davison building) and leave at the designated point.