Can I scan on the College printers?
You can scan using the printer/copiers located in the library and PC Labs. A full list of printers with scanning capability and their locations is on our intranet pages.
Scanned pages are sent as PDF files to your College email account. Each email contains up to 10 pages.
- Swipe your card or enter your username and password to log in to the printer.
- Press the Menu button to the right of the touchscreen display
- Tap Scan on the screen
- Two buttons will appear. Select ‘Email: Me’ and not ‘Email: URL’
- Check your e-mail address displays at top of the screen
- When ready press the Start button below the touchscreen. The button is blue and will be highlighted by a blue ring.
- Place your documents on the scanner bed. When you have scanned all of your pages press the blue start button again.
- You will receive your documents to your College email address as a PDF attachment.
Things to remember
- The size limit for an email attachment is about 20MB. Separate larger documents into multiple scans.
- Large pdf scans may generate large files. The size of scanned files can be minimised by scanning in greyscale or choosing a lower DPI
- Consider advice from the Library about copyright