How can I install SPSS for Windows?
The following instructions will install the 32 bit version of SPSS on your computer. The installer works on both 32 and 64 bit windows. You must be on CampusNet or the CampusAnywhere VPN service.
- It's recommended that you uninstall any previous versions of SPSS first
- Download SPSS choosing to save the file, then in Downloads open the file
- You should have an spss folder and a patch folder. Open the spss folder and run the IBM SPSS Statistics xxxx.msi file
- When presented with licensing options choose the Network Licence
- After the installation, go back to the downloaded folder and open the patch folder and run SPSS_Statistics_xxxx_win32_Patch.msi
- You should now be able to run SPSS by clicking the Start menu, then typing in SPSS.
Using SPSS when not on campus
SPSS checks you are connected to the campus network each time you run it, to ensure you are licensed to use it. If you aren't on campus, you have a couple of options:
- Connect to the CampusAnywhere VPN service, or
- Check out a commuter licence whilst connected to the College network.
- Once a commuter licence is checked out SPSS will work without being connected to the RHUL network.
- This option is most approriate on a machine that will not have internet access.
- A commuter licence is valid for up to 30 days.
- In the IBM SPSS Statistics folder in the start menu click on the Commuter licence shortcut.
- Select your version of SPSS and select check out.
- Run SPSS as normal.
Amos is also available upon request. If you would like to have this software please contact the IT Service Desk to arrange an installation by the Desktop Support team.