Banking and beyond...this industry needs graduates from every discipline!
The Finance and Consultancy sector is a career option for many Royal Holloway graduates. Now's the time to get informed and discover the diversity of roles in this dynamic sector!
Discover your prospects!
Prospects is a useful website, where you can explore the different roles in a sector.
Check out the roles they have listed for Accountancy, Banking and Finance.
eFinancial careers also outlines entry-level jobs in the sector which may appeal to students from outside the traditional business disciplines.
- Situational judgement, critical thinking, numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning...the list goes on! Many companies in this industry require you to take part in recruitment tests as part of the application process. Find out more on the Careers Moodle pages.
- Missed out on our Careers in Finance and Consultancy week events? You can catch up here with our Beginner's Guides notes.
Find a job, get recruited
With up to 2,000 jobs advertised every week, JobsOnline is a great place to search for graduate jobs and schemes, part-time jobs, summer internships, and insight days. Go to the 'Jobs' tab and filter by job type, sector and location.
Online Passport Challenges 2019
Learn to trade with IG.com
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work in the Stock Market, buying and selling stock to try and maximise investments? Well, here is your chance to try trading. Click here to discover more.
A look back to Finance Week 2019
Finance week took place from 14-17 October. We had a range of events, including:
- Beginner’s Guide to Careers in Finance
- Banking and Beyond
- CVs and Applications for Finance Careers
- Careers in Consultancy
- Finance: More than just numbers!
- Meet the Employer: St James’s Place Wealth Management and Moore Kingston Smith
- Hot Jobs in Finance Speed Meet
Our Banking and Beyond Panel on 14 October 2019 gave students the chance to meet our panel of professionals from the world of banking and finance, from companies as diverse as; Lloyds Banking Group, Morgan Stanley, Falcon House Properties and Citi. The speakers shared their tips and advice on how to succeed.