Following Government advice in light of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the Careers team has moved online and is continuing to meet the needs of both students and employers.
We are delivering the following:
- Student appointments – 1-2-1 appointments are available via Skype or Microsoft Teams. Appointments can be booked through the Careers Portal or via email as usual.
- Workshops and events – we will be delivering workshops and employer events online through a variety of channels. Check the events tab of the Careers Portal, as well as Moodle, and follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updates.
- Vacancies – our Careers Portal remains fully operational, and you can search here for a range of vacancies on the Jobs tab.
- Online Careers Education – You can access our training courses on psychometric testing, video interviewing, application writing and many more through the Careers section of Moodle.
- Micro-placements – we are contacting all students who secured a micro-placement opportunity and are working with employers who have offered opportunities for this summer to explore alternatives/changes in the indicative timetable. This is being continuously reviewed in line with rapidly changing College and/or government guidelines about Covid-19 and we will keep all participating students updated by email.
- Volunteering – our Volunteering Platform is promoting volunteer roles that can be engaged remotely, including community research, and specific Covid-19 community support opportunities. Recruitment for student leader roles 2020/21 is still ongoing with online interviews available.