If you want to work in marketing, then understanding how your website, social media and other online campaigns are working is crucial. Google Analytics is the most widely used web analytics service on the internet, used by millions of organisations all over the world. Google Analytics know-how is essential for marketers.
By completing the Google Analytics Academy online course you’ll learn all the basics of this analysis tool - how to read basic reports, set up dashboard, and evaluate website performance. You’ll get access to a demo account with real ecommerce data and exercises to help you understand the key features.
The course will take around four or five hours to complete and it will give you an industry-recognised qualification for your CV and great evidence of your motivation to work in the marketing field.
Here’s what to do:
- Create a Google account if you don’t have one already
- Visit analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/course/6
- You can track your progress through the course in your User Profile and return at any time to complete the course assessments
- You will need a score of 80% or better on each assessment to earn a certificate of completion
- Email your certificate to email@example.com and 10 Passport Points will be yours
Print off your certificate and feel good about how useful your new marketing knowledge will be. You can then add the course in a section called “Achievements” or “Awards” on your CV or in your “Education” or “Profile” section. Be sure to add it to your LinkedIn profile too. You could say something like:
- Google Analytics experience: Passed the Google Analytics for Beginners online course with 85%. Learned the fundamentals of evaluating web performance using reports and dashboards, and how to assess ecommerce data
Send us your completion certificate in February 2018 and you’ll be entered into a draw for a £50 Amazon voucher!