“Working in analytics combines core skills such as analysing, processing and visualising data with good judgement and communication.” – Insure the box
This Passport Challenge will introduce you to the world of insurance data, getting you thinking about just why it costs some people more to insure their cars than others.
Insure the Box say they are the lower cost car insurance for young drivers, women and low mileage drivers. Their 'in-tele-box telematics technology' means great deals on car insurance. They’ll also be at our Business and Finance week, so come along and say hello!
For this Challenge you are going to look at some insurance data in Excel and complete a quiz on Moodle.
You will learn:
- The basics of analysing insurance data and making insurance decisions using Excel.
- Insurance jargon and how to use your judgement along with data to reach logical conclusions.
Even if you aren’t studying a finance or numerical degree, or if you aren’t set on a career in insurance, this challenge will look great on your CV. The content is interesting and you’ll be able to prove that you have strong analytical and Excel skills!
Here’s what to do:
- Go to the Passport Challenges on the Careers & Employability Moodle page.
- Down load the Excel document.
- Do the quiz, it’ll only take around 30 minutes.
If you get over 75% you will automatically get 5 Passport Points. If you get less than 75%, you can just redo the quiz until you reach the score you need.
PLUS…the highest scorer during October 2017 will be awarded a £50 Amazon voucher!*
*If lots of you get 100% you will go into a prize draw for the voucher.