"Producing well-presented, complex written documents fast and accurately is a skill valued by many employers. Whether it's a sales pitch, a business plan or an evalutation report, a sharply produced document will enhance your credibility at work."
Liz Wilkinson, Director of Careers & Employability, Royal Holloway
Microsoft Office is a prominent tool within both the academic and commercial worlds.
For this Challenge you will engage with a range of functionality available in Microsoft Word, useful for both your academic studies and beyond.
You will learn:
- Features of Word including section breaks, using different page numbers and creating a table from text.
- How to produce a well-structured Word document.
Here’s what to do!
- Go to the IT Training page, under Self Study packs, select 'extended Self-Study pack page' and then open 'Further Word 2013 Techniques for Projects and Dissertations (IS164)' under Word 2013 sessions.
- Map to the R: network drive (instructions in the study pack) to access the document you will be manipulating.
- Work through the study pack, following all the instructions carefully, to produce your Word document.
- Send you final Word document to email@example.com.
Once your document is received and checked, you will receive 5 Passport Points.
PLUS…you will be put into the prize draw for November for a £50 Amazon voucher!