Thinking about entering into a career in event planning and management?
This term Royal Holloway will be hosting Surrey in our second annual Varsity showdown! On Wednesday 21 March, the Surrey Stags will make their way to Egham to take on the Royal Holloway Bears for an action-packed day filled with good music, good food, and great sport and YOU could be in with a chance of volunteering to do one of the four following roles at the event:
- Event Support Assistant
- Fixtures & Pitch Assistant
- Team Liaison
- Fan Engagement team
In this challenge, you will be completing a situational judgement test and an event planning timeline utilised by many recruiters to determine how well you judge and react to different situations. Even if you aren’t thinking of career in events management, you'll gain experience in organisation and time management which are vital in just about any role!
Here’s what to do!
- Go to Passport Challenges on the Careers & Employability Moodle page.
- Complete the situational judgement quiz, it will only take around 15mins!
- Submit your answers as an application to be a volunteer at Varsity 2018 and gain further experience in Event Management!
You'll also be able to add this to your ‘Experience’ section on your CV or in your profile section at the top. Be sure to add it to your LinkedIn profile too. You could say something like:
- Event Management knowledge: Completed a situational judgement test and volunteered as an Event Support Assistant at Varsity
If you get over 75% you will automatically get 5 Passport Points and be able to submit your application to be a volunteer. If you get less than 75% just redo the quiz till you get the score you need.
PLUS…the highest scorer during February 2018 will be awarded a £50 Amazon voucher!*
If lots of you get 100% you will go into a prize draw for the voucher.*