Whether you’re at the 'Evaluate’, ‘Explore’ or ‘Enact’ stage of your career journey, you will want to look at job websites for a variety of reasons, ranging from researching career sectors to finding a job. This page helps you to search for jobs online by providing a list of the most frequently used jobs sites.
These are only a small selection; there are many others out there. For more job-specific recruitment site, find the appropriate Prospects job profile and click the ‘Employers and vacancies’ link.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or simply want a chat about your career journey, why not book a one-to-one appointment with a Careers Consultant online or at the Careers & Employability Service in the Davison building?
Tell me more about job boards
Job boards are websites with searchable listings of jobs.While you are likely to have heard of the major ones, there are a large number of more targeted and specialist sites out there.
Graduate job boards
General job boards
Sector specific job boards
- Aspirare (specialising in Engineering & IT)
- Bubble Jobs (for careers in in advertising web, e-commerce, digital, marketing and online jobs)
- charityjob (for careers in fundraising, charity, not for profit and non governmental organisations)
- CyberSecurityJobsite (contract & permanent jobs in cyber security)
- DeLacyExecutive (for agriculture, natural resources and biotechnology jobs)
- Games Recruit (for careers in the video games industry)
- Gradcracker (careers for STEM students)
- GreenJobs (for careers in the green industry, for example Energy Saving jobs)
- Jobs.ac.uk (for careers in academic, research, science and related professions)
- jobsgopublic (for careers in the public sector)
- Liftstream (for careers in Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Life Science sectors)
- w4mp (for careers in the House of Commons)
- Venturi (for careers in IT)