Whether you’re at the ‘Evaluate’, ‘Explore’ or ‘Enact’ stage of your career journey, finding a part-time or vacation job is a fantastic way of adding valuable employment skills and responsibilities, which can then be evidenced in your Passport Award scheme.
- Keep an eye out for our next Part-time Jobs Fair where both on and off-campus employers join us looking to recruit hundreds of students to sectors as diverse as education, hospitality and sport
- Explore part-time job opportunities on our web pages. Register to use the Careers Portal, go to the 'Jobs' tab and filter by industry and job type
- Check out our resource on finding a job is on the Careers & Employability Moodle page under ‘Online Training’.
- Ask friends and family if they know of any available work, and ask them to ask all their friends, contacts and family!
- Search 'major employers in (your area)' then visit their vacancies/careers/jobs web page
- Canvas local employers: dress smartly, fill up your bag with CVs, walk into town and visit shops, bars, restaurants and pubs and ask to speak to the manager. Smile, explain what you want and hand over your CV
- Some Jobs on Campus are available over the summer
- Check these job websites:
- Check our jobs feed in the Careers Centre window in the Emily Wilding Davison building
- Job Centre
- University of London Temp Agency from The Careers Group
- Seasonal employers - Thorpe Park, Legoland, Royal Household, Argos, Windsor Race Course, Ascot Race Course, Spellthorne Leisure centre, Wentworth Golf Club, Sunningdale Golf Club, Sporting venues
- Events and Festival Jobs - EventStaffing, Caterer
- Become a Film or TV extra - Mad Dog Casting, Casting Collective, Angelstages
- Local newspapers (you may need to buy them to access the jobs) - GetSurrey, Evening Standard, Metro
- Become a Tutor - Grove Tutors, First Tutors, Kumon, Explore Learning, Tutor Doctor, TutorHunt, SchoolsTrader, Bright Young Things, UK Tutors, Justin Craig Education
- Work for yourself (e.g. run a market stall, sell on Ebay)
- Promo work - PromoStar (directory of promo agencies), StuckForStaff
- Paid Surveys - Toluna, MySurvey, Valued Opinions,YouGov
- Mystery Shopping - MarketForce, GfK, Mystery Shoppers
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or simply want a chat about your career journey, why not book a one-to-one appointment with a Careers Consultant online or at the Careers & Employability Service in the Davison building?