This is the stage for you to put your plans into action; it’s the time when you enact the discoveries and decisions you have previously made to apply, compete and secure opportunities.
This could be:
- Applying to graduate jobs, graduate internships or graduate schemes
- Securing part-time work to gain experience in your sector
- Applying for other placements and internships
- Postgraduate study
- We've also listed some resources and examples below.
Questions to ask yourself at the ENACT stage include:
- Is my CV professional and tailored to each opportunity I am applying for?
- Do I need interview or assessment centre practice?
- Have I developed resilience to continue applying for things, if I don’t get what I want at the first try?
- Am I looking for opportunities in the right places?
Discover the other stages of the framework
You may realise that you're in one of the other stages. Check out the Evaluate and Explore pages and choose the one most suited to where you are now, and take one step to kick start your graduate career!
You can also complete our 'What stage are you at?' quiz on Moodle.
Remember, these stages are not purely linear: you might arrive at university with a long-held plan of pursuing a particular job, but gradually discover that you think you aren’t really suited to that after all.
Similarly, you might be in your final year at the ENACT stage and are applying for particular jobs and schemes, and find that you need more work experience, or more connections. You would then be wise to return to the EXPLORE stage, to build a more solid foundation going forward.
If you need more guidance on what stage you are at now, or want advice on how to move on to the next stage, you can book a one-to-one appointment with a Careers Consultant. Find out more.