APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The Hardship Fund is an amount of money available to eligible students who are suffering financial hardship. The Fund is cash limited and demand is high. A standard assessment procedure is used which calculates the level of support based on the gap between annual income and essential expenditure.
We provide a number of different hardship funds to support UK students with the following:
- Field Trips
- Theatre Excursions
- Travel for study
- Employment or volunteering opportunities directly related to your studies.
- Facing serious short term financial hardship and where there is a possibility of you having to withdraw/ interrupt your studies.
- Additional financial support to assist with payment towards living costs such as rent and utility bills.
- Have caring responsibilities and/ or disabled students.
You can use this fund to supplement your main source of funding. However, it cannot be relied upon as a sole or main source of financial support and cannot be used to support your tuition fees.
How to apply:
- Make sure you fit the criteria to apply for this fund
- Complete the Hardship Application Form
- Arrange for your personal adviser / tutor to complete the Academic Reference
- Ensure you have photocopies/ screen prints of the following supporting documents (that are relevant to you):
- 3 months bank statements for ALL your bank accounts (ISA, Savings, Current etc.)
- Student Finance Breakdown Letter (this is titled at the top of the letter) from Student Finance England
- If living off campus - Tenancy Agreement/ Rent Book/ Mortgage Statements
- Child Tax Credit/ Childcare Invoices or Receipts
- Housing Benefit
- Partners financial documentation
- Academic Reference (see point 3 above)
5. Contact the Financial Wellbeing Office
to make an appointment to go through your application
Please make sure you have all photocopied documentation ready for your appointment. Without this we are unable to complete your application
Hardship Fund Regulations