Image goes here

Update your study location


Studying Location in 2020/21

We understand that the Covid-19 pandemic means there is a lot of uncertainty, particularly for students resident outside the UK who have faced ongoing travel restrictions. Therefore, we know some students have had to start their studies online this year.

We also understand that students may need to change their study location to move from on campus attendance to studying online or vice versa, for example if you are affected by a local lockdown. 

All courses for the 2020/21 academic year have been set-up to combine face-to-face and online teaching and learning support. For courses where some aspects of the teaching and learning experience might be more difficult and challenging to undertake online, for example key practical and fieldwork activities, those aspects have been moved to later in the academic year to give you the best chance of being able to take part in-person. When you do arrive on campus, you can therefore be confident that as long as you have kept up with the work of the class online, you will be able to join the class in-person and carry on with your studies without interruption.

If you have started your studies online please remember you are expected to engage fully with the sessions held online and our engagement and attendance policies will apply to all online sessions as they would with a face-to-face session.  For further information on engagement and attendance please see here.

We believe that the opportunity to engage face-to-face with academic staff and other students is an important part of your university experience and so as soon as your able to travel or attend classes in-person you should make this move and update your study location to indicate that you will be attending teaching ‘On Campus’ (in person). The most up to date information about study provisions and returning to campus can be found here.


Updating your Study Location

We asked you to indicate in the Online Sign-up process whether you thought you were going to start studies ‘Off Campus’(online) either overseas or elsewhere in the UK. If your situation has changed since you completed Online Sign-up you will need to update your study location:


1.  Update your contact details

  • Login to Campus Connect (
  • Click on the "My personal details" tab
  • In the "Study Location & Method" section update your study location from the drop-down menu and then select ‘Save Change’
  • If your term time address is also changing as a result of your change in study location please also ensure that you update your ‘personal’ address in the ‘update your contact detail’s’ section.


2. Inform your School of your change in study location

School contact details are available on the 2020/21 Information Hub

Many teaching activities can be accessed online or in person at the same time and so your timetable will not change with your change in study location.  For these blended activities, your timetable will list a room on campus so you can attend this when you are on campus, but if you are studying online you can also join the MS Teams meeting at the same time that the event is taking place in person.  However, for some activities your School will need to update your timetable so you can attend the correct in-person or online activity based on your study location. 

Where a change is required your school will contact you with your updated timetable and this will then be reflected in your online timetable and the attendance system.  Do not worry if this results in some missed sessions whilst your timetable is updated; this will not be held against you in consideration of your attendance and engagement record.


International Students - Arriving in the UK for the first time

New Students

If you completed your Identity Check in term 1 outside the UK and have now travelled to the UK, we need to update your record with your arrival and current visa details. To do this you will need to complete the online form below to register your UK arrival.

As an international student you are required to provide this information to show that you are eligible to study in the UK now that you have arrived. This is in line with yours and the College’s obligations to UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI).

As soon as you have arrived in the UK you should submit your documents on this form. If it is found that you have arrived in the UK and not provided this information then your record may be at risk of being closed if you have not confirmed with us your right to continue to study in the UK.

Please ensure that you also update your Study Location and UK address details on your Campus Connect account, following the instructions above.


Register your UK arrival


Continuing Students

If you are a continuing international student (not new this year) and your current UK visa has not changed, please ignore this information. If you have a new visa and recently arrived again in the UK, please complete the form link above to register your UK arrival on a new visa.

Please ensure that your Study Location and UK address details on your Campus Connect account are up to date, following the instructions above.


Further Information


Frequently Asked Questions

  • I am a Student Route (Tier 4) visa student and my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is being issued by the College, what should I do?

You will need to be in the UK to have this issued to you. When we have received your BRP we will be posting it to you at your UK address. We will first need to do a video call with you to confirm you are in the UK and your details before we post this to you. You will need your passport with you at the time of this video call. We will not be issuing your BRP card in person.


  • I am a Student Route (Tier 4) visa student and I am collecting my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
    at a Post Office, what should I do?

If you chose to have your BRP sent to the Post Office you should go and collect your BRP before completing the ID Check if you are in the UK. If you chose the Windsor Post Office, you can find details of opening times and directions on their webpage.


  • I am an International Student, do I need to register with the Police? 

International students from some counties are required to register with police as part of the conditions of their visa. We are currently are finalising our plans to enable students to complete Police registration in a safe and accessible way and will provide more guidance to students shortly.

For more information about police registration and a full list of countries which require Police registration, please see our web pages. 


  • I can’t submit my documents what should I do?

Please contact us with your student number and provide as much detail as you can about the issue. 

Header Here

Text here