We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

More in this section Pre-sessional English language courses

Where can I take my English language test?

From 6 April 2015, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have reduced the number of Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) that will be acceptable for UK immigration purposes and the number of approved centres where these tests can be taken.

Applying for PELP?

For applicants applying for our four, eight week or twelve Pre-sessional English Language Programme (PELP) with IELTS, who are eligible* for a linked CAS (which includes both the PELP and their degree programme), your IELTS must be a SELT if one of your IELTS subscores is below 5.5. Royal Holloway can also issue a linked CAS with IELTS taken from any of the test centres if all of your IELTS subscores are at 5.5 or above. 

*You will be eligible for a linked CAS if you have provided evidence that you have met the academic requirements for your degree programme.

If you have not yet provided evidence that you have met the academic requirements for your degree programme, you will only be eligible for a CAS for the eight or twelve week PELP. This means that you will be required to take an IELTS or Trinity ISE from an approved test centre taken after 5 April 2015. Your CAS for your degree programme can only be issued on successful completion of your pre-sessional English Language Programme.


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback